What to do with tumors on the eyelids (video recommendations)
Khalyazion in Greek means "bundle". It is a formation of size from a small pea to a cherry that occurs on the eyelid. Its occurrence is associated with many reasons, among which the most commonly referred to as stress, hormonal disorders, digestive disorders, as well as severe pollution of the pores of the skin of the face.Most often, a chalazion occurs in the upper eyelid — this is due to the structural features of the soft tissues that serve as the eye's protective shell.
But, regardless of the cause, the course of the disease is always the same. The sebaceous gland, located in both the upper and lower eyelids, is responsible for the lubrication of the eye, clogs up, as a result of which it is filled with liquid. On the eye is swelling "bump", which quickly grows in size.Over time, the normal functioning of the gland is disturbed and its encapsulation occurs, accompanied by the formation of a hard shell.
If the patient does not receive the appropriate treatment, over time, the tumor attracts infection, which leads to suppuration and dissection of the upper eyelid. In some advanced cases, the tumor on the eye can grow to such an extent that it will put pressure on the cornea, impairing the person’s vision.
At the first sign
After reviewing the photo on the Internet, you can see that a chalazion in a neglected state can close up to half of the eye, which leads to discomfort and sometimes to the impossibility of raising the upper eyelid. If the tumor is small enough, prescribe its treatment with traditional and folk methods:
- Massage with fingers and warming up helps to restore the functioning of the clogged gland and remove the grease plug that prevents the eye lubricant from going out.
- The shrinking ultraviolet radiation, which is used in combination with special eye drops, also helps reduce the size of the chalazion.
- With rapid growth, it is better to treat chalazion with the use of hydrocortisone ointment, which is absolutely safe for the body - it can be prescribed even for a child.
But if an infection has already entered the tumor and the first signs of severe inflammation are observed, the treatment of the upper eyelid is best done with corticosteroids, which are inserted into the halyazion with a thin needle.
Warming up and combating neoplasms with folk remedies should be excluded, since they can cause tumor perforation and the formation of an open wound. This treatment is most often carried out by the drug "Diprospan", Which is safe enough for injection on the eye."
However, it is better to refrain from using corticosteroids for a child - they can cause strong hormonal disorders in the fragile body.
If there is a significant threat of perforation or "bump" in the upper eyelid, it strongly interferes with the eye, then an operation is performed, during which the chalazion is completely removed. You should not be afraid of it in any case - if you wish, you can find a video on the Internet that shows that it lasts 20-30 minutes and does not affect the eye itself.Surgical treatment is often prescribed for a child who should not be given corticosteroids or other types of treatment.
After local anesthesia, the chalazion is captured with a special clamp and subjected to an autopsy. The operation involves the complete removal of its contents, and, if necessary, the removal of excess tissue that forms around the tumor. After the end of the procedure, the place where the “bump” was located is covered with stitches, on which a tight bandage is applied on top of which limits the movements of the eyelid.
If the child is being treated, then it is necessary to eliminate the reasons why the infection usually enters the tumor, that is, to ensure the purity of the dressing by changing it at least 2-3 times a day. In addition, anti-inflammatory ointment and eye drops are also used, which reduce eye irritation.
When the "lump" does not become rampant and does not become inflamed as a result of an infection entering the nutrient medium, it can also be treated with folk remedies:
- The simplest method is to usedillwhich is filled with one and a half glassesboiling water and infused in a warm place. In the resulting tool is then dipped gauze, which wipes the "bump" and the eyelid surrounding it. The recipe is very simple and safe - it can be used to treat a child without worrying about the possible negative impact of the medicine used.
- Regardless of the reason for the growth of a neoplasm, you can use another home method - you need to take a wet onecottage cheese, wrap it in gauze or paper towel and apply to the sore spot. It is possible to treat chalazion with the help of this method without the occurrence of unpleasant sensations - the curd cools the place where the bump is located, which is very important for the child.
When an infection has penetrated into the tumor, it is necessary to allow pus to come out, while ensuring that it does not form a large open wound. In the photo, the infected "bump" differs in redness and larger than usual size.
If you prefer to use folk remedies, the pus can be removed with a bag of hot salt, which is applied to the tumor.In order for the treatment to be successful, and the breakthrough of pus did not lead to the formation of too much damage, after the procedures ichthyol cream is applied to the chalazion. In addition, it is possible to treat the "bump" on the eye with the use of a hot egg, which replaces a bag of salt.