What types of beer are there and what is their zest?
Even great lovers and connoisseurs of this drink do not always understand its varieties. Here you are whattypes of beerdo you know We often have a simple classification - light and dark. In Europe, accepted the division according to the type of fermentation. Do you know the difference between ale and lager, what is a porter and what is the peculiarity of lambic? A small beer educational program - to your attention.
When asked what types of beer you know, someone would call its color - from white to black, some share the drink by country - there are fans of Czech and German brands, English ale.
In order not to be confused in different classifications, we will adhere to the European one - it divides all the beer variety of all into 2 types: lager and ale.
What is el?
All types of ales are prepared according to the technology of upper or upper fermentation. The yeast rises to the top at an average temperature of 15 to 25 degrees, the fermentation lasts from two weeks to a month. And the ripening of beer occurs already in cool cellars.
The British consider themselves authors of ale, in the 7th century AD, the inhabitants of foggy Albion made such a drink, only without the use of hops. But even in ancient Egypt, they knew how to make beer using a similar technology.
El today boiled in Scotland, England, Ireland, America.
Different types of ales are popular - each is different in color, strength, taste. It depends on the nuances of cooking:
- Bitter ales (Bitter) are characterized by the presence of a noticeable bitterness, in color, they are usually from no bright yellow tones to light brown.
- Porter dark beer is famous all over the world. It is strong and saturated. Invented it in the 18th century, mixing three beers. The exact recipe, of course, has not been preserved, but modern technology of its preparation requires adherence to special rules.
- If you like dark types of beer, then Stout should come to your taste. Roasted malt gives a rich color, and the taste contains pronounced notes of hops.
- Have you tried a beer drink with a wine flavor? He also has the color of the pomegranate, and calls it Barley Wine. Barley Vine has a dense structure and a high percentage of alcohol.
What are the features of Lager?
The most popular types of beer are the so-called lagers.They are prepared by the method of bottom fermentation of yeast, which is added to the wort, pre-welded and cooled. The temperature should not be above 15 degrees, sometimes even close to zero.
After a week-long fermentation, the billet must still mature completely; the process can take from one to four months.
For bottling, the beverage is pasteurized or finely filtered. So it is stored longer.
Lager is usually light yellow. But there are also dark species. By the way, Czech and German drinks that are very popular in our country (and they know a lot about brewing) belong to lagers.The biggest beer festival is called Oktoberfest. It is held annually in Munich, starting with the last days of September. More than 6 million people from all over the world gather for this holiday.
What are the types of beer Lager:
- Bock - light and dark varieties
- Smoked (Rauch) - it gets a special flavor note due to roasted malt (use beech wood)
- Ice beer - it is cooled until the end of fermentation, which increases the alcohol content
- Draft (Draft) - not pasteurized beer, mainly barrel.And if it is bottled in another container, then the process of fine cleaning takes place.
How to cook lambic?
Lambic is exclusively Brussels beer, and it is very special. This is not lager, and not ale. Preparing a drink by spontaneous (arbitrary) fermentation. It is called microorganisms that live in the wort and in the air of the area of the beer producer.
Cultural yeast is not used. Lambic consists of aged hops, wheat grains (not germinated) and barley malt.
Often lambic contains fruit notes - raspberry and cherry.Currently there are about 400 types of beer in the world. Belgium is a country that has the most unusual beer brands.
Beer expert is not so easy, but everyone can remember some things. Ale is not necessarily dark beer, but lager can be both light and dark.
Color depends on how much the malt is roasted. The stronger this degree, the more saturated the tone. Taste also depends on roasting the malt.
Dark types of beer are famous for their sweet caramel notes. A light drink will give a cleaner malt flavor.
Camps and ales are filtered and not filtered.Filtered, easier to taste. And those that are not exposed to it, brighter and richer. But to some, this taste seems rather heavy.
Beer drink is prepared mainly on the basis of barley. But there are wheat varieties (more often - a mixture of wheat and barley).
Manufacturers of foamy drink in every way praise their goods. And we should not forget that its frequent use threatens with dangerous consequences. Do you know what beer alcoholism is? Read more - in this video story: