What is marketing that really works?
The term "marketing" (in translation from English marketing - sale, trade, sale), - derived from the word market (market, market), in the modern broad sense means market activity. If you are interested in the question of what marketing is, then the answer of the experts to it may not be one.
Opinion of people and precise definition
? It is a process that consists in constant forecasting the needs of customers, and in their further satisfaction by offering the necessary goods (services, technologies, products, etc.).
Many people are sure that social and network marketing is nothing but advertising. This is not surprising, since thousands of press advertisements, commercials, as well as various messages about discounts and sales are constantly falling on us. But it should be borne in mind that sales and advertising are only integral parts of marketing.
Main types of marketing
The main types of marketing activities include:
- market research, products, consumers;
- pricing policy;
- R & D;
- marketing communications system - sales promotion, advertising in the media, direct marketing, advertising.
What is marketing? These are international operations. In particular:
- marketing activities and marketing concepts - training, organization of certain sales systems, work with employees of the distribution network staff, optimization of local trade;
- after sale service;
- the formation of a system for the distribution of goods to points of sale.
Innovations from Globetrotter and Coca-Cola
Here are examples of marketing with a successful concept. The European company Globetrotter is developing clothing and equipment for sports. In order for customers to have the opportunity to test products, they created rain rooms in which customers can pour water on them or create an imitation of a strong wind. Also in some stores there are freezers.
The next example of using a non-standard marketing concept is Coca-Cola, which launched the campaign under the unusual name “Unlock 007 in yourself”, participating in promoting the picture of James Bond. The project participants had the opportunity to get a couple of tickets to the film, but for this they needed to find one more kiosk with drinks in 70 seconds, and go through the obstacles familiar to Bond on their way.
Basics of marketing and its main goal
The goal is to attract new customers. People working in this field should not only attract potential customers, but also preserve old ones, guaranteeing them high customer value and invariably satisfying their ever-changing demands and demands.
The basics of marketing should be determined by an experienced professional. The main task of social marketing is a clear understanding of the needs and requirements of any market and the smart choice of those that this company will be able to serve better than anyone else. Such manipulations will allow enterprises and organizations to produce products of the best quality, thereby increasing sales and increasing revenues due to the complete satisfaction of the needs of target consumers.
Types of marketing
To date, there are several types of marketing, which differ in the object and scope of application:
- export: study of the foreign sales market, as well as sales services for more efficient export;
- domestic: the sale of services or goods within the state;
- scientific and technical: the purchase and sale of the results of scientific and technical work - licenses, patents;
- import: one of the varieties of market research that helps in the organization of effective procurement.
Such types of marketing as international are popular:
- cooperation with national organizations in other countries;
- marketing with direct investment: a gradual study of capital investment abroad, as well as attracting foreign investors;
- social marketing in the field of non-profit activities: the formation of good public opinion in relation to specific organizations, individuals, as well as ideas and places.
What is experimental marketing?
Experimental marketing is an advertising method that uses an interactive experience that encourages people to interact with and serve you in your company. This is an extremely powerful tool for those organizations that want to make a lasting impression on potential customers.
Marketing concepts are most often based on creativity. The main thing here is not to attract attention, but to motivate customers to conduct various experiments with the product.
Marketing management, even if it is partisan, involves thinking outside the box. Costs can be quite low. In the world there are the most successful organizations that used the basics of experimental marketing, and with examples demonstrated all its merits. This is the same Sosa-Sola, which today continues to amaze with the author's bottles, new design and inscriptions on souvenirs. Despite the majority of reviews that this product is harmful, they continue to buy it all over the world.