Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

October 13, 2013

It is hard to believe, but there really are people in the world who have only been doing their whole life what they were looking for treasure. One such adventurer is Rick Schmitt. By his 65 years, he had become a true professional in the field of underwater treasure hunting off the coast of Florida. Usually fortune brought him very modest gifts, but this time Rick broke the jackpot! He managed to find a gold chain almost 20 meters long, a gold ring and five gold coins. And just 130 meters from the shore. The total value of the treasure found is estimated at $ 3 million!

5

The gold treasure has at least a three-century history and was clearly located on one of 11 Spanish ships that hit the storm during the hurricane of 1715 and sank in these places. It is because of them the coastal strip of the sea in those places is called "Treasure Coast".

6

Every summer, Rick and his daughter spent day after day sinking into the water in the hope of finding something valuable. A real obsession!

7

This is not the first luck treasure hunter.In 2002, his son found a silver tray with the same wrecks, the sale of which brought the family $ 25,000.

Under the laws of the state of Florida, the Schmitt will have to pay rent to the state treasury in the amount of 20% of the value of the treasure. But the remaining 80% will be more than enough to continue to finance the search for other treasures, while sipping beer and cocktails.

Related news

  • 3 step-by-step recipes for spinach first course
  • YouTube accused of illegally collecting information about children
  • Volnogorsk: a selection of sites
  • What does a child learn at the age of three
  • Water chestnut detrimental effect on the Dnieper ecosystem
  • Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship

    Spanish treasure from a sunken ship