Recipes for delicious fish dishes that diversify your table
Many are accustomed to buying mackerel or herring in the store, and just serve it chopped to the side dish, if the fish was salted, or baked in the oven. But we have found for you other, more interesting recipes of how to cook fish that diversify your table. How about a delicious cold salad with herring, personally pickled flavored mackerel, as well as a delicate herring roll? Read on to learn more!
Delicate roll of salted herring
We doubt that the majority of our readers have been able to try dishes prepared with fish prepared this way: the recipe is very simple, intuitive and tasty. And the products are more than affordable. We guarantee that on the plate by the middle of the meal there will not be a single piece!
How to make herring roll - read on:
- 1 lightly salted herring of large size;
- 1 tsp mayonnaise;
- 1 tsp sour cream;
- 1 tspsweet pickled pepper;
- 1 processed cheese without specific flavors;
- greens and spices to taste.
Take the fish tight, elastic, without mechanical damage and stains, as well as without specific odors. If you do not have pickled pepper, you can successfully replace it with pickled cucumbers. So, how to cook herring roll:
- Put the fillet on the plastic wrap, top it with a second layer and beat it with a hammer so that it becomes evenly flat. We remove the top layer of the film.
- We knead the processed cheese with a fork, and then mix it well with sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Next, you need to evenly spread the cheese mixture on the fillet and pepper.
- From above we lay out the pepper and greens cut on small pieces.
- Now the most crucial moment: without haste, we form rolls of fillet with the help of cling film.
- We remove the roll in the fridge for an hour so that it is cooled, then we take out and cut it into equal pieces.
A delicious fish appetizer is ready! It will be very beautiful if you serve it to the table with pieces of black bread, and on each herring "circle" lay out the seeds of French mustard.Enjoy your meal!
Homemade Pickled Mackerel Recipe
Buying salted fish in the store, not everyone even thinks that you can cook fish as well at home. You just need to buy fresh or frozen fish and pickle it according to your favorite recipe, with the marinade you like, the right amount of salt and spices. And in order not to go far, we offer you the following recipe for a simple dish with fish - pickled mackerel, which tastes much more delicious and more tender shop.
Ingredients you will need the following:
- 2 mackerel;
- 2 pcs. onions;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. l table vinegar;
- 1-2 cloves of garlic;
- 5-6 bay leaves;
- black peppercorns and other spices to your taste.
Take fresh fish for a dish, or freshly frozen, which has not been frozen for too long, let alone repeatedly - it will be dull and dry in appearance.
How to cook homemade pickled mackerel:
- To begin with, boil a glass of water - you will need it when preparing the marinade, when it cools to a warm state.
- Rinse the fish well, cut off the tail and head, remove the entrails.
- Cut the mackerel into equal pieces, about 3 cm wide.
- Getting down to the marinade. Pour a glass of warm water prepared in advance into a separate bowl, add oil, salt (1 tablespoon) and sugar, vinegar, pepper, spices as you like, as well as chopped garlic (you can skip this step). Mix the resulting substance well.
- In the prepared container, for example, a sealed food container with a lid or a jar, put bay leaves.
- Depending on the size of the container, put the pieces of mackerel inside on the leaves. Salt the fish, and on top of it lay out a layer of onion half-rings.
- Then the process repeats: again, you need to put a layer of mackerel salt and sprinkle with onions - and so on until you put all the fish in the tank.
- Now it remains to pour the mackerel marinade so that it completely covers the fish pieces.
- Put the fish container in the fridge and soak for 2-3 days. After that, pickled mackerel can be safely served to the table with a suitable side dish. Real jam!
Lithuanian cold herring salad
Silke svogunays is a traditional Lithuanian salad with fish, which can be prepared very quickly, and as a result you can get a dish that can take pride of place on your table, both everyday and festive, next to the herring under a fur coat. For some, the combination of such products even seems at first unusual, but we assure you that it is very tasty!
Prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 lightly salted herring of large size;
- 0.5 kg of champignons;
- 3 pcs. onions;
- 3 medium carrots;
- vegetable oil;
- greens (dill, parsley).
- We split the fish, remove the skin, remove the bones.
- Cut herring fillet into strips.
- Wash the carrots thoroughly and peel them, and then finely grate them.
- Cut mushrooms on small plates.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the pan, then shift the carrots and onions there and begin to fry them over medium heat, stirring from time to time. When they are softened, you can add mushrooms and fry everything together for five minutes.Learn that vegetables should only be slightly golden, not fried.
- Since this salad is a cold appetizer, we wait for the hot vegetables and mushrooms to cool down, and then we remove them in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- When the vegetables have cooled, put them in a salad bowl with chopped herring fillet and mix.
- Finely chop the herbs and decorate the dish on top.
That's all! The dish seems simple, but it is really very tasty and satisfying. By the way, it will be equally tasty if instead of fried fresh champignons you make a salad with pickled mushrooms. Herring, by the way, can also be pickled, which is already sold in sliced form in the store, but do not use spiced butter in the salad from the package.
Eat on health!
Three more excellent fish recipes are waiting for you in the following video: you will learn how to make a delicate cold-smoked mackerel salad, fish soup and mullet with Belgian sauce. Enjoy your culinary discoveries!