New Luzhniki and a new view of Moscow
Photos and text of Dmitry Chistoprudov
In Moscow, a new sports facility is being built with a bunch of modern functions, but its main feature for me, as a photographer, is its wavy roof. You can fall in love with such a roof, on such a roof you want to become Carlson and stay here to live)
1. Currently, the complex reconstruction of the entire territory of the Olympic complex continues, which includes capital improvement of the territory and the construction of a number of large sports facilities. One of them is Irina Viner rhythmic gymnastics center, which will be able to host competitions of any level and will become a place where future champions in this sport will grow up.
2. Thanks to a large-scale reconstruction, the Luzhniki will become the main sports cluster of the capital (and I used to buy jeans and sneakers here). After the implementation of the entire project of reconstruction, the complex will be able to simultaneously visit more than 200 thousand people, and the annual attendance of the complex will be more than 5 million.
3The first thing that catches the eye at the sight of the sports center is the glass facade and the complex shape of the roof.
4. And if you move away, it becomes clear that the roof of the building is designed in the form of a flowing gymnastic tape. It’s very beautiful, but it’s scary to imagine how designers, engineers and builders have suffered. And how much it all cost ...
From Wikipedia:construction investor made well-known billionaire Alisher Usmanov. And Irina Viner, after whom the complex is named - the head coach of the Center for Olympic training and the head coach of the Russian national rhythmic gymnastics team. She is the wife of Alisher Usmanov. That's how interesting it is.
5. The main arena for competitions in rhythmic gymnastics. The sport that brought Russia 2 gold and 1 silver medal at the last summer Olympics in Rio, will get its big house and will be able to bring up new champions.
6. Ultra boom! It seems to Svyed that the arena is not so big, but if you look at the size of the climbers, it becomes all clear.
7. In addition to the arena itself, intended for training and holding competitions in rhythmic gymnastics, in the center there will be additional training and gyms, as well as a hall of choreography.This will allow to simultaneously conduct classes for different training groups.
8. On the second floor there will be a zone for spectators with a buffet, the third floor will be occupied by a press center with a hall for 150 people, commentators, a press bar and workshops. From the 4th floor will be organized the entrance to the box for VIP guests for 80 people. The 5th floor will be occupied by a hotel for athletes, designed for up to 115 people in 40 rooms.
9. Separate gyms.
11. Installation of composite panels. According to the accompanying person, the center is planned to be completed by the end of this year. Hard to believe )
12. Installation of composite panels. According to the accompanying person, the center is planned to be completed by the end of this year. Hard to believe )
13. In such a construction forest, you can easily get lost.
14. Two sports halls with huge ceilings. Here you can safely organize competitions on fpv drones.
15. And here is the main highlight of the complex.
17. Very beautiful and very complex roof.
25. Luzhniki, which we lost ...