Master class in creating the perfect eyebrows
Back to natural
Before you begin, take five minutes and look at yourself in the mirror. What do your eyebrows look like? Narrow or wide? Do they have a bend, kink or are they straight?
Before plucking, you need to learn how to choose the right shape. Stephen Smith, makeup artist Max Factor, explains how to highlight the natural shape at home:
The line extending from the highest point of the brow to the end is always narrower, and the optimal length can be found with the help of a classic pencil. It all depends on the desired shape and the original line, but they always form arches that climb ¾ and descend to ¼.
Oval, round, square, hearts or elongated - there are different shapes of the face and, therefore, different shapes of eyebrows.
For the oval shape of the face fit tight, defined with a soft bend. The highest point should protrude slightly over the nose bridge, it is located at a point 2/3 of the eyebrow length.Then the line narrows and ends somewhere at the center of the pupil.
The round shape of the face correspond to the eyebrows in its natural form, but they can be slightly distinguished. Thus, the face will become narrower.
For a square face, you need to make the eyebrows of the correct shape. The emphasis should be on the high forehead, make a good bend, it will soften the face.
If your face is shaped like a heart, you must rely on the natural look of the eyebrows with possible easy removal of hairs on the forehead and nose.
Before the procedure, you need to comb your eyebrows in the direction of growth. If the form is found correctly, you can jot it in pencil - then they will both be the same.
To make the perfect length, place the pencil vertically next to the nostrils, draw it along the axis from the intraocular edge so that the line crosses your eyebrow. Those hairs that remained on the nose, you need to remove.
For a perfect bend, move the pencil so that it runs in a straight line through the pupil - this will be the highest point of the eyebrow, after which it goes down. Keep all the hair that is between the pencil and the nose, the rest you should pull out to the correct width.
To get your eyebrow perfect completeness, extend the line through the nostril to the outer corner of the eye and beyond. Where it intersects with the eyebrow, the hair must be removed.
If you are very sensitive to pain when you remove hair at home, you can cool the affected area with ice cubes. Stretch the skin with your thumb and forefinger, and then remove the hairs in the direction of root growth using tweezers. Dark hair on the nose should also be removed.
Please note that adjustments should not be made immediately before important dates.
Do not tear too much - only hairs that grow due to the natural shape of the outside. After a few years of plucking, they stop appearing, and if you want to change shape, this can create a problem.
How to choose a pencil?
Pencils are the most famous tool when it comes to eyebrow highlighting.They resemble eyeliner and often have a brush on the back, which allows you to slightly shade and comb. If you accidentally tore hairs that actually had to remain - fill in small gaps with a pencil.
It usually has a creamy texture - wax based on coloring pigments. Sold in different shades, the color should be chosen in accordance with the skin and hair tone.
The pencil should have a soft rod that does not irritate the skin. However, it is impossible to take a too soft pencil, otherwise the result is quickly smeared and looks unnatural. Do not forget to use a special sharpener.
Especially important is the choice of color. If you choose an unnecessarily dark shade - it will work hard, like a mask. When in doubt, take a brighter tone until you practice your eyebrows at home correctly.
There are also models with rotating rods. But it’s impossible to make very thin strokes with them, since they cannot be sharpened.
Making the right drawing
- Eyebrow brush comb hairs slightly up and to the side along the growth.
- Use the shadows of the matte palette to fill.Choose a color that will look like or match your hair color.
- Find the beginning - place the brush on the edge of your nose right up to the eyebrows, through the inner corner of the eye.
- Use a bevel brush and start building a shape. To the nose, the line should be thicker, to the outer edge - very narrow.
- Make a bend just above the eye socket.
- Find where they should end — from the edge of the nose to the outer corner of the eye.
- Use a darker shade closer to the bottom of the brow, and do the same on the other side of the face.
- Take the concealer on a flat brush and fix any uneven lines under or above the eyebrows.
- Shadows are preferable to pencils because they blend well with hair, making the curve softer and more natural.
- Wider eyebrows make you look younger.
- Concealer helps to fix the form.
- Cunning: very long or thick edges can be fixed at home with a brush or a special comb. Comb them down, then cut off the tips of too long hairs with small scissors. It is important here that you cut them correctly to a few millimeters, otherwise they will be too rare. Then comb the hair up and cut it off again - then the shape will hold well.
- Always draw thin lines with a pencil. Do not paint over large areas, as this is very unnatural and leads to terrible streaks.
- Spaces can be hidden behind a large number of small and thin strokes.
- To fix the result, you can use a special gel.
Even hairspray works wonders in small quantities. Just spray a little spray on the brush and comb the hairs, it will fix them well.
Gel for eyebrows
It happens colorless and in different shades. With it, you can give your eyebrows not only shape, but immediately and color.
Most of these products are mascara-like and are applied with a brush. They emphasize the shape, and some gels even fill eyebrows with small villi to visually give them thickness, so it will not be difficult to shape them correctly at home.
The latest trend in eyebrow care. Suitable for those who have their hairs sparse or too plucked. The technology consists in gluing hairs, like artificial eyelashes. The longevity of such a miracle is 14 days, and then they disappear and must be replaced with new ones.
Recently, I saw on television a report on transplanting guard hair from other places. Note that hair extensions are much thicker and grow faster.