Is it possible to wash dishes with laundry soap? Safe detergent
The time has passed when housewives were interested only in the ability of detergents to remove fat - now we began to think about how much harm our kitchen assistants do to our health. For this reason, many have stopped using store chemicals and switched to organic detergents, one of the most popular and effective among which is soap. Next, we will tell you how to make washing of laundry soap, and what are its advantages.
What are dangerous detergents
To begin, let's talk about why it is generally worth thinking about abandoning such convenient and effective detergents from stores. In addition, the range is so great: both dishwashing liquids and gels are available, and even powders, and even with different tastes, smells, with glycerin, plant extracts and other gadgets.And the most important thing - literally one or two drops of such a tool is enough to wash a fairly large number of plates and appliances. What is the danger?
The fact is that the composition of almost all modern detergents includes surface-active substances, the so-called surfactants. Getting on the plate, they form an invisible layer in the form of a film, which is very difficult to wash off. The way we usually do the dishes after a meal is not suitable here at all. Experts say: to wash off all the "chemistry", you need to rinse each plate in clean water at least 15 times. And imagine what it is like to wash dishes in a large family? No patience and money to pay bills is not enough.
A film of surfactants will remain on the dishes along with the water, even when it dries out. Together with the next meal from this plate, we, without knowing it, use these substances inside. So slowly but surely, they continue to accumulate in our bodies and become the cause of various diseases, for example, cancer, cardiovascular, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. In addition, surfactants affect the reduction of immunity, the development of infertility and allergies of various kinds.
People come out of this situation in different ways: someone buys an environmentally friendly detergent, but usually abroad, because we have such a product is incredibly difficult to find. Others wash dishes with mustard powder or soda. And still others make their own funds, using starch, citric acid, office glue, vodka, glycerin and other components, which are organic and easily removed from dishes. We advise you to think about making a safe detergent from laundry soap.
Is it possible to wash dishes with laundry soap? Advantages and disadvantages
It is safe to wash dishes with laundry soap, since it mainly consists of natural components, free of phosphates and surfactants. The composition of the soap contains vegetable oils, fatty acids of plant origin, sodium salts, there are no fragrances, dyes and preservatives. This means that even the soapy water poured on the ground from under the laundry soap does not harm the soil. And even allergy sufferers can use this soap safely. At the same time, it effectively works and has the necessary bactericidal effect.
The numbers that we see on the bars of soap, mean the percentage of fatty acids in it.Its detergent properties depend on it. You can find bars with numbers from 65% to 72% - this is the maximum indicator that tells us about the effectiveness and "soap" of this soap. Such laundry soap usually has a yellowish to brown color.
But you can also find white soap, which, however, should be regarded with suspicion, even though it looks nicer. It may contain dyes and fragrances, which are not at all natural, so take a close look at the composition. As for the liquid soap that has recently appeared on the shelves, which bears the name of economic soap, it looks like a real name only - chemical additives, dyes, fragrances are found in the composition. Of course, they can wash their laundry, for example, but it is not recommended to use it as a detergent.
It should be clarified that in the use of soap, too, there are small drawbacks. For example, baking soda should be added to hard water when washing, because the only way it will be better to foam. Rinse it off the plates, too, must be very scrupulous, and it dries the skin, so it is better to work with it with gloves.
How to wash dishes with soap
The procedure for washing dishes using laundry soap is quite simple.
- First, do not keep the dishes constantly under running water, but put it in a basin or in a large bowl. The water must be warm for the soap detergent to work well.
- In hard water, detergent can leave stains, or do not wash the fat completely. Then baking soda should be diluted in water.
- Rinse washed dishes should be under warm running water, and carefully.
- Note that large contaminants, such as food debris and grease in a skillet, should be minimized by cleaning all this with a napkin in the bin (not down the drain!). And then use the detergent in the form of soap.
- You can cope with the food you got stuck in the following way: put water into a pan or pan and put it on fire. Add soda and grated soap, bring to a boil and turn off. Together with the cooling of the liquid will cool and otkat carbon, and then remove it will be much easier.
How to make a liquid detergent from laundry soap
Many housewives can not exchange a convenient liquid detergent on a soap bar, so we suggest making exactly the same liquid detergent from laundry soap, only home-made, and not a dubious purchase. The recipe is as follows:
- Grate need to rub 25-30 grams of soap.
- Add a little boiling water and put in a microwave or in a water bath, choosing a suitable container. Melt the soap.
- Pour more hot water, approximately 0.5 liters, into the container. Wait for the soap mixture to cool.
- Then add 4 tbsp. glycerin (it is sold in pharmacies), which will protect your skin from drying out, and 1 tbsp. l vodka. Stir to a smooth consistency.
- Look for a bottle with a dispenser - you can take a container from the used liquid detergent and wash it very carefully.
- Pour into it your household detergent from laundry soap until it has cooled completely. When the mixture becomes completely cold, it will acquire a viscous consistency similar to gel.
Some housewives are additionally diluted with mustard powder in the soap detergent so that the fat is better cleaned, and someone adds more coffee to the detergent so that the detergent removes better the adhered food - but then it cannot be poured into the container with the dispenser. Instead of coffee, by the way, you can do with soda.
And in this video you will see how you can make a universal detergent just from soda, mustard powder and glycerin:See also: 15 ways to use salt in the home, which will be useful to all