How to use Steam?
Before you figure out how to useSteam, it is worth explaining what the program is, and what it is needed for. Steam is a well-known and largest digital store of games and updates for them on the Internet. The name in Russian translates to "valve". Users among themselves call it simply: "Steam". With the help of Steam, you can buy more than three thousand products of this subject and not only. At the moment, "Steam" has more than 63 million users, which is an unquestionable record for such a resource. The owner and creator of the store is the well-known company Valve Software.
- free use of already purchased and activated games,
- automatic free update of games. Updates are installed automatically after logging out,
- news of the world of games,
- informing about new items,
- search for games and servers to them by various criteria and filters,
- buy a game for another person as a gift at their own expense,
- various communities of interest,
- chat between users.
How to install the program and how to use it to activate games and use all the variety of resource possibilities? Let's take a step-by-step instruction.
Installing Steam and creating an account
- To install Steam, you need to connect to the Internet. It is best to download the program from the official site.
- At installation, the program will ask for login and password. If you install Steam for the first time, you need to go through a formal registration process. To do this, you need to fill in the following fields: "Account name" - your unique name (login) in the Steam system, "Password" is the password. In the next field, you will need to re-enter the specified password. Then press the "Next" key
- If the login you invented already exists in the system, you will be given the opportunity to change it to a new one.
- Next in both fields, enter the active email address and select a secret question, which in the future may be needed to recover the password. Answer the question and press the "Next" button.
- The system displays a message on the end of registration. Click "Finish"
The first time you enter the "Login" field, respectivelyenter the login, and in the field "Password" - the password. Then click the "Remember my password" button for convenience. The next time you sign in to your account, it will be done automatically. Yes, and this will allow you to run games without connecting to the Internet, which is very convenient, if suddenly the connection is lost, and I want to play. Press the "Login" button.
Registered, entered, looked around and now the key question is, how to activate the games? How to use Steam? To activate the game, you must perform the following actions:
- Open the menu item of the program called "Play Games"
- In this window click on the name of the game
- In the event that your copy of the game has not yet been activated, Steam will automatically prompt you to buy it.
- Click on "Register a product I already own"
- Next, you must enter the individual registration number of the copy of the purchased game and click "Next".
- After checking the number and downloading updates, the program will complete the activation
Payment for purchases
Payment in the Steam store is carried out in the following ways:
- credit cards Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, JCB
- debit cards Visa, Mastercard
- Yandex money
- QIWI Wallet
- And others are less common (depending on the region).
Useful tips in the end
- an important point that is worth remembering, in the context of how to use the stim, is that it is not possible to play two users from the same account.
- if, when downloading the activated game, the speed is lower than what your connection can provide, you need to go to "Settings" - "Download" and in the context menu to change the download server.
- Look for the secrets of games in various thematic communities.
- be sure to wait for the download of games to 100% and do not allow interruptions of the Internet connection, because otherwise, the whole procedure for activation will need to start anew.