How to use salicylic acid in the fight against acne?
The scope of use of the drug
Salicylic acid is a reliably proven substance that is actively used not only in medicine, dermatology, but also in cosmetology. This is because the solution of the drug has a number of positive properties and helps in the treatment of various diseases. Including acne.
This tool, which is sold in a pharmacy in the form of bottles with a solution of different concentrations, is able to have the following effect on the body and skin:
- keratoplastic and keratolytic.
The effects that salicylic acid can have on improving the condition of the skin can be represented by a list that includes several items:
- Drying effect, indispensable in the fight against single acne.
- Stimulating regeneration at the cellular level. Such an effect the drug has deep under the skin. If you use salicylic acid solution regularly and carefully, then the pigmentation will disappear as a result, and the scars will become less noticeable.
- Relieves inflammation. When applied correctly (pointwise), salicylic acid eliminates the bacteria that cause the rash.
- Normalizing the sebaceous glands.
In addition to the above, salicylic acid is a very effective tool in the fight against black spots.
This drug is a component of many topical agents. This is not only medical ointments, powders and pastes, but also creams, balms, lotions. All of them have a fairly wide scope due to the healing properties of the composition.
How to apply the remedy in the fight against flaws on the skin?
Salicylic acid for acne helps only if you follow the dosage and recommendations of experts. The use of the drug should be beneficial, and not aggravate the situation.Therefore, it is important to know in advance how to use the tool correctly.
To begin with, the salicylic acid solution is structured according to the content of the main active component in it. On sale you can find the drug with 1, 2, 3, 5 and 10 percent content of the substance. For home treatment of rashes and acne on the skin, it is better to use products with a small amount of the active ingredient. Therefore, preference should be given salicylic acid in bottles with the designation of 1%, 2%, 3% or 5%. It is worth refraining from buying highly concentrated acne medication. This is explained by the fact that such a composition can dry out the skin greatly, which will aggravate the situation - even more severe rashes will occur.
Recommendations for use
- The application will provide a positive effect, will help eliminate acne, postacne while following the following recommendations:
- It is better to use a solution rather than a spirit-based tincture. Salicylic acid, and so is characterized by an excellent drying effect. And if you use alcohol tincture, you can quickly dry out the skin.
- Do not combine the use of the drug with able to dry skin compounds that are already using.
- In parallel, you can use the drug, as well as use of medical products based on the active ingredient panthenol (ointment Bepanten).
- It is appropriate to note that caution should always be present when using salicylic acid. After all, like any other chemical substance, this solution can leave a mark on the skin in the form of a burn, if it is rubbed hard.
Variants of application
Salicylic acid can be used as a point in pure form, or in combination with other medical devices. To date, one of the most popular remedies for acne is the "talker", which includes not only the drug, but also chloramphenicol. We offer several recipes for the preparation of this miraculous composition, which helps in the fight against acne, post-acne and inflammation.
Recipe number 1
To prepare the composition to eliminate acne, you need 5 g of 2% salicylic acid solution, as well as:
- chloramphenicol 5 g;
- medical alcohol 50 g;
- boric acid 5 g
All components in the specified amount should be mixed. The resulting mixture should be poured into a container of dark glass. The solution should be stored in a dark, cool place, and shaken before use.
It is recommended to apply the mixture on clean skin. It is advisable to perform the procedure in the evenings and use the tool daily. The convenience of this acne medication is that it does not need to be washed off.
Recipe number 2
This version of the preparation of "talkers" provides for the use of the composition of the available each pharmacy tools. You will need:
- chloramphenicol - 10 tablets;
- metronidazole - 10 tablets;
- boric acid - 10 ml;
- salicylic acid solution - 40 ml.
Preparing the mixture as well as the technology of the previous recipe. However, pre-tablets (chloramphenicol, etc.) it is better to grind into powder, so that they are better dissolved.
Tips for using "talkers"
“Talker”, which includes a solution of the drug described in this article and chloramphenicol, is a popular way of getting rid of skin problems. It helps prevent the further spread of inflammation and rash, as well as eliminate acne, acne, and black spots that are already formed on the skin.
However, it should be borne in mind that both of these mixtures have a good drying effect. And apply these tools should be only once a day, putting a small amount on the pre-cleansed skin.
Before using the solution is better to consult with a dermatologist. If necessary, it will help to choose the best option for the preparation of the composition, so as not to provoke undesirable results.
Like most drugs with chemical composition, salicylic acid has its own contraindications.
During the period of pregnancy, breastfeeding is desirable to abandon the use of the substance. Also, do not resort to the treatment of acne with this drug for people diagnosed with renal failure. The group of main contraindications can be supplemented with fresh injuries and wounds on the skin.