How to play on the local network. Small Tips for Big Players
Computer games pretty thoroughly occupiedits niche, and how to play on the local network, is now known to many. This is one of the most popular ways to spend your free time. Playing with a computer one on one is pretty boring. Enemies (bots) do not shine with the mind, and they do not even have a hint of the slightest ingenuity. They are predictable. Whether it's the case to play against a real person who is behind his computer and takes your call to battle. This is the main reason to start playing on the network.
People play against people, while goodthe speed of the local network erases the time frame. Such conditions are as close as possible to the real game and, of course, in this case the main role of the game is played - it involves and requires a lively participation, ceasing to be a banal electronic toy.
In order to understand how to play on the localnetwork, it must initially be configured. Consider options for configuring it in different operating systems, as well as how to connect computers with different operating systems in such a way that the speed of the local network does not suffer.
In order to merge into the local network only2 computers that are located in the same room, you will need only 1 RJ-45 cable (crimped in the "twisted pair" option). Now simply connect the two computers with a wire and proceed to configure the network. As a rule, for configuration it is quite enough to use the "Network Setup Wizard" and set it to a stationary ip address for this connection. This can be done by right-clicking on the desired connection and selecting Properties - Internet Protocol TCP / IP (if specified, then version 4) - Properties. Change the data in the box where you need to specify an IP address, for example, 192.008.05 on one computer and 192.008.06 on the other. The default mask, gateway and DNS do not touch.
In XP and Vista, you can change this data through "Managing network connections", then select the connection and do everything as described above.
How to play on the local network, where takeparticipation of only 2 people, you yourself, most likely, represent. But what if there are more who wish? One local network can include up to 254 computers. The local network address must not begin with the digits 127. *. *. *. They are not available for use. Begin as all the 192.168. *. *. The local network address of this type is standard for small computer associations.
To connect more than two computers there are several options.
- Another (additional) input to the network card and, strictly speaking, another card
- Purchase and connect a "switch"
- Purchase and connect a router
- Use specialized software and create a virtual local area network via the Internet
Let's consider each option.
- It is not difficult to buy an additional network card, it is much more difficult to find a place in the system unit for it. And in the case of laptops, this option disappears immediately.
- An additional device called the switchallows you to connect up to 48 computers. It is possible to create a scheme from several switches and increase the number of connected computers.
- Ruther, who is also a router, is capable ofto connect computers through wired and wireless communication. The advantage is the high speed of the local network and the convenience of customization. If you configure a router, it will debug and distribute certain data to all computers connected to it.
- If you have the Internet, you willthe ability to create a virtual "locale". Now players from different cities, not just cities, but continents can fight with each other with the same success as playing on a local network with a neighbor on the site.
The most inexpensive (especially for owners of unlimited Internet) and popular was the latest version of the gaming LAN organization. It is convenient and does not require special skills.