How to make fashionable shorts out of old jeans?
With the arrival of summer, you want to wear only light and beautiful things, but there is not always the opportunity and time to go shopping. There is a solution to the problem: you can learn how to remake old things into newer, more fashionable and stylish ones - like jeans shorts, for example.
Before you make fashionable jeans shorts, you need to understand a few basic rules. Firstly, jeans from a stretchable fabric are better suited for rework, because stretch may lose its original shape.
The length of the finished product depends on the model of trousers: it is better to make capris (up to the middle of the calf) and knee-length bermudas from straight and skinny jeans. Sometimes narrow mini-shorts are made from narrow models, and from wide ones good items from the knee are shorter.
- Wash your pants before work so that they do not "sit down" later.
- Put on the pants and mark the place of the cut with pins. If the bottom is classic, you need to cut off a centimeter below the desired length, with a fringe - 2-3 centimeters lower, with turnpins - 5-7.
- Put jeans on a table or floor. Chalk a clear cut line.
- Try on the blank to see if you like it.
Remember: long legs can always be trimmed, short length can no longer be returned!
- Hem the hem with machine stitching.
- If you do not have a sewing machine, turn the knobs and hem the bottom manually.
Classic jeans shorts are ready! Wash them again and wear them boldly.
Recently, torn jeans are considered especially popular. Try on their example to make fashionable shorts with your hands with scuffs.
- Measure the future length of the product in front of the mirror - the back of the leg should be slightly longer than the front.
- Make a small incision in the side seam and tear the leg along the intended line without using scissors.
- Make the jump for a couple of centimeters below and again nadorvite.
- Now fashionable shorts from old jeans need to be processed around the edge. Use a long sharp object to gently pull the white longitudinal threads down.
- Make a few cuts on the leg. Stretch the white threads again and remove the short blue ones to get holes.
- Wash the product - so the thread finally rastreplyutsya.
Now your torn jeans shorts are so good that they will cause a storm of enthusiasm and envy of your friends.
There are a few more ways to make fashionable jeans shorts: dyeing, whitening, decorating with decorating elements.
If you want a summer mood, try to make a little thing multi-colored - for this a special denim dye will suit. Choose bright colors, but remember that light shades will not appear on dark jeans - for example, lemon yellow will become more green.
Especially fashionable is now painting half of the product.
- In a basin with warm water, dilute the dye in accordance with the instructions and immerse the product in part or in full.
- After about half an hour, remove the jeans shorts out of the water and leave to dry naturally.
- When the item is dry, wash it in a typewriter without detergent.
You can use several dyes at once on one product.
To lighten the shorts of jeans, use the usual economic white.
- Buy the thickest bleach possible and dilute it in a basin of water according to the instructions.
- Leave the shorts in water for about half an hour. If you want completely light shorts, immerse them in your pelvis; half - dip only the bottom or top. You can also achieve a spotty effect - before diving, tie a string thing in several places.
- Remove the blank from the water and repeat the same steps as when painting.
In addition, you can make your shorts or pants trendy, using the tips from the article "4 ways to make fashionable holes and scuffs on jeans."
On how to make fashionable shorts out of patched jeans, look at the video: