How to connect two printers?
Sometimes there is a need to connect toone printer for several computers. To do this, you need to create a network of these computers. A common remote (network) printer significantly speeds up the process. It is not difficult for a PC user to create a network of computers. From the materials in this article, you will learn how to connect the printer to two computers.
Connecting two computers
- 2 computers on which network cards are installed;
- patch cord.
Step-by-step connection of the printer to two computers:
- You need to create a PC network.
- Find out if there are network cards installed in computers, whether they are built into the motherboard.
- If there are no cards, they need to be inserted into the computer. They are inserted into the free liCI-slots of the PC.
- Install the driver on the card.
- Connect computers using a patch cord. The patch cord is an analog of a conventional network cable, that is, an Enternet cable.
- Configure network cards:
- On the Start menu, click Connections, then select Show All Connections, then click Connect By Default;
- In the menu that opens, click "Properties", then select "Internet Protocol TCli / Ili", and then "Properties".
- On the first and second computer set the parameters: Ili address and subnet mask.
- Save changes.
- Create a workgroup name. From the Start menu, click "My Computer", select "Properties", then "Computer Name", click the "Edit" button.
- Enter a name in the Workgroup field. Computer names must be different. Click "OK".
- Restart computers. They will be added to the network.
- To make the printer common to these PCs, you need tothe following: on the host computer, click the Start menu, then click Control Panel, then select the Printers and Faxes tab. Select the printer, in the menu, click "Properties", then "Access". Select "Share this printer" (you need to enter the name of the shared printer).
- On the secondary PC, the following is done: in the Start menu, click Control Panel, click Printers and Faxes, click Install Printer, click Next, select Network Printer, and then click Browse Printer. After that, you need to select the desired printer, and then the path to the distribution on which the drivers are located.
Connecting two printers
To save toner when printing,It is necessary to separate the printing color and print in black and white. Therefore, there is a question of connecting two printers to one computer. To do this is absolutely realistic if you know how to connect two printers.
- Connect printers just like any other device. Only to establish them it is necessary not simultaneously, and by turns. Connect the first printer:
- Connect the printer to the power supply, connect the printer and the system unit with a cable (most often USB);
- Turn on the computer and install the drivers for the printer.
- Turn on the printer, the computer detects it and automatically installs the driver.
- Repeat the whole procedure for the second computer. To do this, you need to have a free port to connect.
- In the settings, set the cases for which this or that printer will be used.
After reading this article, you will understand how to connect the printer to two computers yourself and how to connect two printers to a PC.