How to clean a sheepskin coat at home?
How to clean a sheepskin coat at homeIt is useful to know each owner of this warm and comfortable piece of winter wardrobe. There are different, quite affordable and simple ways to put a thing in order, removing the stained stains and dirt. We will talk about the cleaning of leather and suede products and the rules for their care.
How to clean natural sheepskin at home
Cleaning sheepskin at home is an option, of course, more budget than dry cleaning services. But in order to do everything right and not to spoil an expensive thing, the matter needs to be taken seriously and thoroughly.
Hopefully, no one would ever think to wash the product, this is not a down jacket, perfectly machine washable. And how can you clean the sheepskin coat at home, we will tell in detail: about the peculiarities of cleaning suede, leather clothes, including capricious whites, and furs.
Cleaning suede sheepskin coat
Suede is a rather capricious material in a sock, although it is certainly loved by many for the fact that it is so beautiful, cozy and pleasant to the touch.
Having such a thing in your wardrobe, you should pay more attention to prevention, make sure that the material does not get up to heart.
For this, the sheepskin coat is treated with a hard rubber or hair brush, even emery paper is suitable, only fine-grained, and it is necessary to fluff the pile with very careful movements.
Well, if you do not follow, what to do - how to clean a suede sheepskin coat at home? We use the so-called "dry" methods:
- small contaminants are treated with ordinary table salt, while it should not be rubbed too intensively;
- Fresh stains can be easily cleaned with semolina: we put on a textile glove, pour semolina and three. We shake off the dirty grits, pour a new handful and process the stain with light circular movements until complete purification;
- helps to bring out fresh spots of a crust of dry bread, no matter what sort. Three of it in pollution, until we remove it, and shake crumbs;
- if you put a greasy stain, we take it out with a bread crumb: we roll the ball and roll out the dirty area, periodically changing it to a new one. Then we clean this place with a special brush;
- fatty contaminants are well removed by starch: sprinkle stain and, as the fat is absorbed, we replace the dirty portion of the granular substance with a new one;
- those sheepskin coats that are staring can be rubbed with a regular school eraser, then shake off the pellets and process these areas with a brush to care for suede products.
Wet cleaning methods:
- we put a piece of burlap or other coarse cloth in kerosene and wipe the dirty area with it - the method is well suited for old stains, but only on dark suede;
- grease stains are removed with a cotton pad soaked in gasoline;
- We remove strong contaminations like this: mix 1 part of ammonia with 4 parts of water, wipe down a sheepskin coat, then immediately pass through these areas with a cloth dipped in solution: for 1 liter of water, 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Wipe the sheepskin coat with a dry piece of cloth and allow to dry;
- try to refresh the old sheepskin coat in this way: mix a glass of warm milk with 1 teaspoon of baking soda. We wipe our thing with this composition with cotton pads, changing them as they get dirty. Then we treat the product with a cloth, wet it in a solution (1 teaspoon of vinegar per glass of water), dry with a cloth and dry it in a natural way.
How to clean a light sheepskin coat at home
Light and brand-name things almost daily need to be cleaned with a special brush in order to preserve its visual appeal.
We derive stains as follows:
- for 1 cup of milk, take 1 teaspoon of ammonia and hydrogen peroxide, mix, and we will rub the stain with this mixture;
- put tooth powder or soda on the stain, rub it lightly with a special brush, shake off any abrasive residue;
- You can rub the stain with vinegar or ammonia, it should be done carefully, without pressure.
Shoe leather coats
The sheepskin coat is beautiful and probably more practical than suede. But the skin should be treated in a timely and thorough manner.
Wash and wash the leather thing is not recommended, the elasticity of the product is broken, it can sit down.How to clean a leather sheepskin coatat home? You can do this with soap suds, but you should avoid getting wet skin.
The dull surface of the sheepskin coat can be smeared with glycerin. Try to clean the skin product from grease stains with rubber soaked in kerosene.
Men's dark leather sheepskin coat is well cleaned from grease stains with semolina and starch, but you cannot clean the products with salt.
Do not allow, when cleaning at home, leather sheepskin soaked. If this happens, dry the item horizontally and knead well to soften the material.
How to clean an artificial sheepskin coat at home
You can clean the faux sheepskin with a soap solution: pour a slightly neutral detergent into the warm water (without a coloring and whitening effect).
Wipe the product with a napkin, wet it in a solution, then wash the foam with a damp cloth, blot with a paper towel and hang out to dry on the hangers.
Grease stains on the surface of an artificial sheepskin coat are removed with talcum powder. You need to sprinkle them a dirty area and leave for a couple of hours. Then clean the product with a brush or vacuum cleaner.
Fat stains are also removed as follows: add some liquid ammonia to the soap solution. With a cotton pad moistened with a solution, we treat contaminated places. Wipe with a damp sponge, soak with a napkin and dry.
Faux sheepskin cleaned with a steam generator. The ferry removes dirt and lifts the pile of the material. After processing, you need to clean the product with a rubber brush.
How to clean the fur coats at home
The collar and lapels of sheepskin coats are often made of Tuscany fur.How can you clean it yourself from dirt?
If the fur is wrinkled, it is smoothed, rubbing with a damp sponge and combing in the direction of the pile. Fur trim products are cleaned with a brush that needs to be moistened with purified gasoline. If heavily soiled, add a little starch to the gasoline. Apply the mixture on the fur and give to dry, then shake.
White fur will retain its color and will not turn yellow if it is treated with a solution - 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide per 1 liter of water.
Fatty stains from the fur are removed in this way: for half a liter of water you will need 1 tsp of ammonia and 3 tsp of salt. Treat the fur rim with this solution and let it dry.
Clean the artificial fur as follows: dilute 1 tablespoon of laundry detergent in 1 liter of boiling water, let the solution cool and apply to a fur surface with a cotton pad. We wash it with a sponge and warm water.
How to care for a sheepskin coat
Observing simple rules, you prolong the life of your favorite thing:
- sheepskin coat does not like wet weather, try to wear it at sub-zero temperatures, without any precipitation;
- after all, they came under rain or snow — right when they came home, hang out a sheepskin coat to dry at room temperature on hangers;
- you can not dry the sheepskin coat using electrical appliances or a central heating battery;
- often clean the product with a special rubber brush;
- you should not carry the bag over your shoulder, otherwise its narrow strap can damage the sheepskin coat;
- Having carefully cleaned the item after the season socks, store it on a hanger in a case made of natural materials.
How to clean a sheepskin coat at home - videowill demonstrate all the nuances of this process: