Home is my castle. Lighting trends this year
Those times have sunk into oblivion, when the room was lit by the “light bulb of Ilyich” that proudly hung alone. The modern interior is replete with elements of decor and multi-level ceilings, requires a new approach to the lighting system. One chandelier can not fully cope with these functions: somewhere in the corners there are blackouts, and working areas are not always well lit.
Here come to the aid spots - point moving lights, characterized by a directional beam of light. Spot (spot) in English means "spot" or "see", that is, "visible spot" or "spot highlighted." And the characteristic feature of spots - directional lighting:
- Illumination of the workplace (in the kitchen or at the desk);
- the selection of decorative elements in the interior (paintings, vases, figurines, etc.);
- space zoning (light will be only where you need it);
- A bedside spot in the bedroom will allow you to calmly read a book before going to bed without disturbing others.
Popular was the installation of spots in the furniture, which additionally gives comfort to the overall interior, and also facilitates the search for objects in the lockers, niches and shelves.
It is very modern and beautiful to look at the ceiling spot system instead of one bulky chandelier. Thanks to the different ways of mounting, spots can themselves become an exclusive element of decor.
Spots are divided into several types according to the method of installation and the type of attachment:
- Embedded. Used for decoration of suspended and suspended ceilings, arches, niches. When mounting spots are inserted into the prepared holes and connected to the wiring. Proper location will visually lift the ceilings and increase the size of the room.
- Overhead. Fasten directly to the ceiling or wall with screws. Their advantage is the ability to direct the light to the right places with the help of a turning mechanism.
- Combined. They are a system consisting of spots of various types.
Tension or track lighting systems. They are mounted on special tensioned tire-ropes, move freely along them, turn at an angle of 360 °. Very convenient for lighting industrial and warehouse premises, shopping and concert halls.
By type of lamps used:
- Incandescent lamps. Their only plus is low cost, otherwise they lose due to the large amount of energy consumed and the ability to heat up, which can lead to deformation of the stretch ceiling.
- Halogen lamps. They consume much less electricity, do not heat up and have a longer service life.
- LED bulbs. The best solution for spots, the minimum heating temperature and power consumption, a very long service life.
- Fluorescent lamps. Used as an alternative to solar lighting for plants in greenhouses and winter gardens, or houseplants that are demanding to care.
LED, or led spot
LED spots - the most successful solution for a stretch ceiling, they practically do not heat up and in any case will not cause its deformation. Subdivided into stationary and rotary models (can be built, suspended and overhead).
Embedded are a single system that does not understand the individual parts.
In the outboard you can change the lamp at your discretion: power, color of lighting.
Invoices represent several spots mounted on one base. They are well disguised small defects or wiring.
Advantages of LED spots:
- a large selection of colors, shapes, which allows you to choose the right model that can harmoniously fit into any style of interior from classic to hi-tech;
- environmental friendliness: LED lamps do not contain mercury and other toxic substances, do not require special disposal, do not emit ultraviolet light;
- long service life - up to fifteen years; ten-year lamp warranty from reputable manufacturers;
- four times energy savings compared with incandescent bulbs;
- independence from temperature conditions and fluctuations;
- they do not flicker, do not make noise, do not create a blinding effect, are well perceived by the human eye;
- ideal for focusing on lighting interior items, in decorative panels, furniture, steps of stairs, near mirrors (and the emitted light does not lead to burnout, heat, deformation of the illuminated elements);
- Some models have additional enhanced protection from moisture, which allows them to be used as a backlight in swimming pools, saunas.
They have only one drawback - high cost. But it is more than covered by the cost of saved electricity, long service life, and the ability to give the room a unique, modern design.
Learn more about the variety of lighting fixtures for the home and study their characteristics among the variety of examples in social networks.
The article was written with the support of the consulting department of the online store of lighting equipment 220svet.ru.