Embroidery for beginners
Embroidery stitch- This is an ancient form of applied art, requiring tremendous attention, accuracy and perseverance!
Embroidery has several different techniques. The embroidery by satin that was invented by the Chinese people. This kind of needlework can decorate pillows, towels, clothes - in comparison with cross-stitching
Embroidery by satin, this thin and neat work resembles painting - the embroideress, like an artist, gradually, in strokes, creates a real work of art.
Embroidery by satin is the most complicated method of embroidery, but if you know how to embroider at least a little, you can learn how to embroider and satin, the secret of embroidery is excessive accuracy and precision in the work. This embroidery technique most accurately conveys colors, shadows, light, thanks to this, the pictures are obtained as if painted on canvas with oil, and portraits, landscapes are as realistic as possible.
In order to learn how to embroider, use small sketches of drawings or paintings.You can independently choose a pattern and transfer it to the fabric with copy paper.
You can also purchase a ready-made set for embroidery by satin stitch, there will be selected material, threads, a picture. Threads for paintings are better to use floss or cotton, and woolen ones are more suitable for carpet embroidery. When performing paintings you will combine stitches of different lengths.
Embroidery art video
Embroidery on clothes by satin
Embroidery on clothes is an ancient art form. Today, decorating clothes with embroidery is very fashionable. A trend is a big pattern on clothes, a small motif or just initials. The art embroidery by satin looks much more accurate than other types.
Embroidering on clothes, you need to observe extreme care, as there is a danger of damage to things.
Silk embroidery on clothes video
To get started you need to prepare well. To do this, pay attention to the following tools:
- Threads. First, pick up the necessary threads for embroidery satin: wool, thick threads, floss, iris and cotton thread.
- Needle.This is the main tool for embroidery, the needle is selected to the thread according to its density and thickness.
- Thimbles. Thimbles will help protect your fingers from puncturing while threading the needle through the fabric.
- The choice of fabric. Stitch embroidered on various materials: suitable cotton, linen, silk, wool, and blended fabrics.
- Tracing paper for copying paper from fabric to fabric
- Schemes for embroidery stitch or just printed pattern pattern.
Satin stitch step by step
There are general rules for embroidery by satin:
- Before starting work, align the edges of the fabric with which you will work. After cutting off the protruding fabric, iron it with an iron.
- You can not hurry.
- You can not tear the thread with your hands or make knots.
- We hide a working thread behind stitches after the end of work.
Before embroidery satin finish prepare the drawing that you will translate.
Place copy paper and pattern on the fabric. We attach everything with pins. Drawing a circle, translating it into fabric. Next, we begin work, along the contour we draw a pattern with a seam “forwards a needle”. And parallel stitches fill the space.
Types of embroidery satin
There are several types of embroidery in satin stitch:
- Russian smooth. Stitches are performed horizontally or vertically with distances between them somewhere in 2 threads. Then these gaps are filled.
- Artistic embroidery is an oblique surface without the use of flooring. More difficult, as are used halftones and shadows.
- Satin surface consists of laying thin threads close to each other.
Stitches for embroidery
We list the main seams that are used in satin stitch:
This technique is characterized by several stitches:
- Seam "Forward needle". Required for contours and lines. It is executed from right to left, it smoothes as an alternation of identical stitches.
- Stitch "String". It is performed as a “Forward Needle” seam, only the plus needle is passed through each stitch.
- "Back needle". It looks like a seam "Forward needle", but it is performed by inserting a needle into the fabric behind the thread exit.
- "Stalked". This stitch is performed by flower stalks or contours. The needle must be inserted in the middle of the last stitch.
- "Loop." Such a seam embroider individual parts.
The main types of stitches in embroidery video
Technique embroidery satin
Flat surface. Stitches are put together tightly directly or at an angle.
"Priprix". So embroider large items.Small stitches are made on the reverse side, and long stitches from the front side.
If you are going to master embroidery, you don’t need to immediately learn and use all the stitches and techniques. Start with basic stitches that are useful for embroidering simple motifs, such as a flower, butterfly, animal.
Embroidery for beginners video
Stitch embroidery patterns for beginners
Choose the motif of embroidery, the value of embroidery look in this article. Print the pattern for embroidery, then transfer it to the fabric with copy paper.
Satin stitch step by step
We print out the patterns for embroidery, transfer the pattern onto the fabric using carbon copy.
Here is the transferred pattern on the embroidery.
We put on the hoop on the fabric.
First, draw the outline of the main pattern, then fill it with the color of the satin finish.
Shadows highlight dark shades and highlights.
A more detailed workshop on embroidery satin cherry in the video below.