Effective ways to help get rid of glue on the skin and clothing
How to remove the glue from clothes, hands and furniture depends on how exactly it looks like you have smudged. In this article we will look at how to remove several types of glue that are most often used in our everyday life.
How to dissolve the PVA glue
PVA glue as a whole consists of emulsion of polyvinyl acetate in water with the addition of plasticizers - that is, in fact, it is water soluble, and it should not be difficult to remove it from the skin using warm water. Clothes and furniture are also washed off in the same way, but if it didn’t work, or the spot is dried, we’ll learn how to scrub the glue from white wool by other means.
- Moisten a cotton pad in vinegar and gently rub the stain on clothing. When the glue film goes away, wash the thing in a warm solution with soap and water. However, be careful with vinegar: it can leave a mark on colored things, so check the reaction on an inconspicuous piece of clothing.
- Soften the hardened residues of PVA on furniture can ordinary baking soda. Apply the product on the spots evenly and rub with a sponge.
The same methods are suitable if you need to remove wallpaper glue or glue stick.
Than wash silicate glue
Silicate glue is differently called liquid glass, as it consists mainly of an aqueous alkaline aqueous solution of potassium, sodium or lithium silicates. It is also water-soluble, therefore, in a fresh state, it is easily removed only with the help of warm water.
- You can also remove dried spots of silicate glue with soda, just don’t immediately rub the spot, but soak it for a while in warm soda solution.
- But to remove the old silicate glue from the glass you are unlikely to succeed - due to the similarity of materials diffusion will occur, and traces will remain, no matter what you do. But you can take a chance and try this technique: drop it on the glue with cologne or alcohol, and set fire to it so that it softens. After that, it will be easier to scrape off the glass with a blade.
How to remove rubber glue
Rubber glue is created on the basis of synthetic or natural rubber, and adheres to the surface due to the fact that solvent is evaporated from its composition. Therefore, it is the solvents that help the rubber glue to return to its former state: acetone, kerosene, gasoline, methanol, as well as soaking the stain in water for a long time.
- You can remove the glue from the clothes by wiping the stains with a cotton swab dipped in acetone and then washing the item in the machine. Remember to be careful with colored things. Acetone is not suitable for things made of wool and silk - it is better to clean them with a solution of acetic essence and citric acid in water.
- How to remove glue from clothes if solvents do not help? Try to destroy the adhesive structure by temperature changes, first drying the stains with a stream of hot air from a hair dryer, and then freezing clothes in the freezer. Carefully scrape off the glue.
- And in order to remove rubber glue from hands, it is not necessary to immediately rub the skin with acetone: first try to wash your hands with a soap solution, or soften the stain with petroleum jelly, oil or a greasy cream.
How to wash superglue
Zinoacrylate in the composition of superglue with soap solutions should not be washed (water has the opposite effect on it) and should not be dissolved with alcohol.
- Try to remove it from clothes using dimethyl sulfoxide (“Dimexide”): apply a tampon on the desired area and leave it for about half an hour, having previously checked the reaction in an inconspicuous area of fabric. When time is up, wash the item as usual.
- You can try to remove the stain temperature difference with a hairdryer and freezer, as we have already described in the paragraph about rubber glue.
- Fresh superglue will be wiped off from the skin easier - it is removed with nail polish remover. With the frozen will have to suffer. Use a homemade scrub: mix liquid soap with a spoon of ground coffee, salt and gently rub the skin.
- If it does not help, try to reduce the adhesion of the adhesive to the skin with a fat cream or vegetable oil. There is also the option not to touch the stain at all, if it does not interfere, after waiting until the renewal of the epithelium layer begins to “push” the adhesive with hands.
And from this video you will learn how to remove traces of adhesive tape and stickers, in particular, from vehicles:Read further: Find out how to fix a broken sole no worse than a shoemaker would have done!