Do-it-yourself jeans repair
When your favorite jeans are torn, it seems that you will never be able to find a worthy replacement for them. But to look for a replacement and not need! After all, you can do jeans repair yourself without leaving home. Moreover, even a newcomer to the sewing business can cope with such a simple task.
Jeans: ways to repair
There are several ways to repair jeans that need to be applied depending on the size of scuffs and holes in the material. For each method, it is necessary to have special threads that are used for denim - you can buy them in the shops of goods for sewing and needlework.
- A little piece is a simple way to repair jeans. Used more often for scuffing than when working with holes.
- Patching is a combined repair method, which also includes a patch method with prior use of the patch. The needlewomen adapted it for the decoration of clothing in the style of patchwork.
With each method of repair, a zigzag stitch is used - it is the strongest and resembles the position of the threads in the yarn in the arrangement of stitches.Therefore, to work with denim, you must have a sewing machine - it is difficult to make such a seam strong and even by hand.
Darning: the basics of work
To determine whether the scuff is in need of repair, turn the clothes on the wrong side.
Scuffs appear in those places where the jeans fabric has become lighter, hairiness and pellets have appeared. Most often they can be observed in the area between the legs - on the inner side of the hips, near the pockets, on the knees and at the bottom of the pants. If the main yarn has already broken through, the place must be immediately tacked off, until a transverse weft yarn has broken through.
- Smooth out the area with your hands. Put the thing in front of you as shown in the figure - let the main yarn be in the longitudinal position, and the weft - in the transverse.
- Cut off the extra tattered threads.
- Start making zigzag stitches, moving from the top of the scuff to the bottom.
- Put the seams up until the rubbed space is completely closed.
Do not overdo the stitching - the material may become too hard, it will protrude above the surface, and the wired area will be evident.
When choosing a car, pay attention to whether it has a reverse mode. It greatly facilitates the process of fitting. If there is no such mode, you will have to turn the product over every time you finish the seam.
A patch on jeans is very easy to do with your own hands at home. To do this, you do not need to carry your favorite thing in the studio and pay large sums.
It is especially important to master the skill of repairing young mothers in order not to buy new pants every time children spoil them. And if the hole appeared on children's jeans, it is much easier to close it with patchwork or with the help of author's embroidery. So you not only do the repair work, but also show your creative abilities.
How to do it yourself, look at the video.
The patch must be put in those cases, if the rubbing on jeans turned into a regular or torn hole. In addition, the holes often appear on the knees and between the legs, along the seams.
- With your own hands sweep the edges of the hole. Do free simple stitches so that there are no creases and knobs on the fabric.
- Cut a small rectangular latka. It should be slightly larger than the hole area.
- Pin the patch on the back of your jeans. Use pins with an eye - unlike pins with beads, they will not interfere with further work.
- If you have no pins at home, you can glue the patch on the glue fabric or just tack it on with your own hands, but then it will be difficult for you to get rid of the tacking seams at the end of the work.
- Turn the jeans on the front side. Now you can safely begin the process of jeans jeans.
- After work, cut off the extra edges of the patch.
If a hole is formed on the inner surface of the thighs, put the seams closer to each other to strengthen the area and prolong life by repairing your favorite jeans.