Beginner Yoga Styles
Hatha yoga- The science of self-improvement, existing for several thousand years. In translationhatha yoga–enhanced, persistent merger.This is better understood as meditation in motion. Rather, hatha yoga refers to the practice of specific postures and breathing techniques, and it is on this basis that many types of yoga have appeared.
Hatha yoga appeared in India. She was brought to the West by many famous yogis, includingParamahamsa Yogananda, Swami Satchidananda, B.K.S. Iyengarand Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. These and many other masters of yoga have made knowledge and secrets accessible to all to be more healthy and happier.
Types of yoga
While titlehatha yogafamiliar to many practitioners, this term does not describe a particular style of yoga. Rather, hatha yoga refers to the practice of specific postures and breathing techniques, and it is on this basis that many new styles of yoga have appeared. Briefly about some of them.
- Ashtanga yoga- these are fast series of consecutive postures, concentration of attention and breathing techniques developedSri K. Pattabhi Jois. He is the founder and directorAshtanga Yoga Research Institutein Mysore (India). Joyce learned this method from his teacher.Krishnamacharyaand passed it to many excellent western teachers -David Swenson,Tim Miller,Richard Freemanand others. Ashtanga system totalsix levelsascending in degree of difficulty. Poses are tied together in a continuous flow through breathing.ujjayi. The constant movement and breathing of ashtanga yoga increase strength, endurance and increase flexibility. This is a tense and energetic style.
- Power yogadeveloped in 1995Beryl Bender Burch. This style of yoga is based on the sequences of the first and second levels of ashtanga yoga. The teaching method is close to the Ashtanga style, although the namepower yogawas adapted for western understanding. Titlepower yoga (power yoga)accurately reflects the style of practice.
- Jivamukti yogacombines the style of ashtanga vinyasa and a variety of spiritual practices. Not only the poses are taken into account, but also the spiritual aspect. Singing, meditating, reading, music are included in the learning process.Jivamukti Centerin new york was foundedBy David LifeandSharon gannon.
- Birkam yogadevelopedBirkam Choudry. If you love an energetic workout, you will love this style of yoga. Tag Yoga is a sequential series of twenty-six positions implemented in a continuous stream. The room is heated to100 degrees Kelvinor more. Get ready to sweat! Bring a towel and a bottle of water. Asanas and sweating cleanse the body, help to get rid of toxins. In addition, it is a stimulating practice - you leave the classroom feeling awake.
- Iyengar yogawas developedB.K.Iyengarin Pune (India). Iyengar has been practicing and teaching yoga for a long time. He has written several books on yoga, including the widely known"The Enlightenment of Yoga". In his rather old age, he is vivid proof of the great benefits of practicing yoga. Iyengar devoted his entire life to the study of asanas and yoga philosophy. He helped many students to overcome diseases and limitations and gave his method to hundreds of teachers. The focus of Iyengar Yoga is the correct building of asanas and practicing the poses safely and with understanding. Props such as chairs, blocks, belts, blankets, and non-slip mats are used to allow students who are not flexible enough to train.
Sivananda yoga- a kind of hatha yoga based on philosophySwami Sivanandafrom the city of Rishikesh (India). His studentSwami Vishnudevanandabrought the Sivananda technique to the West in 1957 and then organized a center for the practice of this kind of yoga (International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center). Today there are more than eighty centers around the world. Known as yoga synthesis, this style has a holistic approach. There are five basic principles that unite the body, mind, intellect, heart and spirit. These principles are:
- proper exercises (asanas);
- proper breathing (pranayama);
- proper relaxation (shavasana);
- proper diet (vegetarian);
- proper meditation (studying the scriptures of the Vedas and thinking about them).
The practice of asanas includes twelve basic postures: shirshasana, sarvangasana, halasana, matsiasana, pashimottanasana, bhujangasana, shalabhasana, slope, backbeat, bakasana, padangushtasana and triconasana.
- Integral yogafoundedSri Swami Satchidanandain order to help people integrate yoga training into everyday life. Thus, integral yoga combines various methods of yoga, including xatha yoga (asanas),breathing techniques (pranayama),relaxation techniques (shavasana),selfless service (karma yoga),meditation (dhyana),prayers (bhakti yoga)and a 5,000-year-old philosophy that helps to find inner peace and joy.
- Kundalini yogawas brought to the West by yogiBhajanin 1969. The philosophy of this school is based on the simple belief that to be healthy, happy and holy is the inalienable right of everyone. The practice of this type of yoga includes posture, dynamic breathing techniques, singing and meditation. In the spotlight -awakening energy (kundalini)at the base of the spine and its direction upwards to open and clean eachenergy center (chakras).
- Kripalu Yoga- gentle and thoughtful style of hatha yoga, developed by yogaAmritom Desai. There are three levels of kripalu yoga. The first stage is"Deliberate practice". A beginner focuses on leveling his posture, on breathing and contemplation. The next stage is“Deliberate failure”when conscious reduction of a pose to deeper levels of experience is practiced, the last stage is"Meditation in motion"in which the intellect is released and the energy of the body flows in spontaneous movement.KripaluIs a Sanskrit word meaning"compassion","Yoga of the Heart".
- Resurrection Phoenix- body-mental technique that combines the performance of poses with the process of dialogue. As the body and mind are relaxed, penetration inside becomes possible and the emotions that are manifested in pains and “stiffening” of the body can be released. The verbal interaction between the yoga therapist and the client helps to interpret these dives, thus freeing the person to choose more conscious behavior in life.
Exercises for the back. Spinal treatment and health maintenance. Three exercises for 10 minutes: