59 best works of photojournalists for 2013
The magazine American Photo published the 59 best works of photojournalists from around the world for 2013. Among them are two Russian authors.
1. Syrian rebels during the siege of Aleppo. © Javier Manzano / AFP.
2. American fire brigades fight fire in Yosemite National Park. Max Whittaker / Reuters.
3. The confrontation between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers. West Bank of Hebron. Ammar Awad / Reuters.
4. Turkish police use tear gas during the dispersal of a peaceful demonstration of protesting against cutting down trees in Taksim Square in Istanbul. Osman Orsal / Reuters.
5. The devastating effects of Typhoon “Haiyan” in the Philippines. AP Photo / Aaron Favila.
6. An employee of the Tokyo Aquarium dressed as Santa Claus swims around with a zebra shark. AP Photo / Shizuo Kambayashi.
7. Blue flags in the stands of fans of Club Nacional de Football in Uruguay. Andres Stapff / Reuters.
8. Two explosions thundered simultaneously during the final of the Boston Marathon. Dan Lampariello / Reuters.
9. Members of Canada’s oldest Vancouver rifle club “Vancouver Gun Club” in firing practice. Andy Clark / Reuters.
10. Jellyfish in the Vancouver Aquarium fascinated the little visitor. Andy Clark / Reuters.
eleven.Kenyan athlete Paul Kipsiele Koech breaks the barrier during the 3000-meter race at the World Athletics Championships in Luzhniki. August 2013. Kai Pfaffenbach / Reuters.
12. Mexican miner. Daniel Becerril / Reuters.
13. 221 mock-ups of coffins were burned in front of the Kenyan Parliament in Nairobi, one for each legislator, in protest against the adopted law ensuring their right to receive bonus bonuses in more than 100 thousand US dollars, while the people of Kenya are living in poverty. Thomas Mukoya / Reuters.
14. This vending machine was abandoned in a rice field during a tsunami near the coastal zone in Fukushima. Damir Sagolj / Reuters.
15. In September 2013, the International Camping Festival, which took place in Jiangxi Province of China, gathered more than 15,000 participants from all over the world. Reuters / Stringer.
16. Fifteen people were killed by a leopard in the Nepalese city of Kathmandu before local authorities killed him. Navesh Chitrakar / Reuters.
17. German wolf explorer Werner Freund shares a piece of meat with an arctic wolf. Lisi Niesner / Reuters.
18. The largest egg of a giant (elephant) bird, which once lived on the island of Madagascar and has long been extinct, was sold at Sotheby's auction in March 2013. Suzanne Plunkett / Reuters.
19. A family of tourists from Belgium monitors a solar eclipse in Kenya. AP Photo / Ben Curtis.
20.Egyptian security forces are dispersing supporters of ousted President Mohammed Mursi, who organized a sit-in in front of Cairo University in Giza. Imad Abdul Rahman / AP Photo.
21. The final touch and new mask of Pope Francis is ready. Sergio Moraes / Reuters.
22. Models behind the scenes. Before the presentation of the new spring-summer collection of 2014 at the New York Fashion Week. Lucas Jackson / Reuters.
23. Canadian championship in speed shooting. Andy Clark / Reuters.
24. Young Bollywood actor Ram Pratal Verma (Ram Pratap Verma), posing for photographers in his torn socks. Danish Siddiqui / Reuters.
25. On the teachings of the Chinese army. Reuters / China Daily
26. The recent march of the peasants in Mexico City. Edgard Garrido / Reuters
27. One of the shots of the dramatic rescue of women during the February floods in Greece. John Kolesidis / Reuters.
28. Damascus. Soldiers from the Tahrir al-Sham brigade adapted a shotgun for firing grenades at soldiers of the Syrian army. Goran Tomasevic / Reuters.
29. Indian students from the city of Chennai at the anniversary celebrations in honor of Mahatma Gandhi. Babu Babu / Reuters.
30. Thai police and customs destroy counterfeit goods. Athit Perawongmetha / Reuters.
31. “Day without meat” - the action of animal defenders in the center of Barcelona. Albert Gea / Reuters.
32. After serving a 27-year sentence in an Israeli prison and the recently released Palestinian Ibrahim Baroud kisses a machine gun. Mohammed Salem / Reuters.
33. Tornado in Oklahoma. USA. Lucas Jackson / Reuters.
34. Israelis dismantle their belongings after the demolition of an illegal settlement.Baz Ratner / Reuters.
35. Chinese children use scaffolding under the swing. William Hong / Reuters.
36. Bamako. Mali. Survey participants before the presidential election. Joe Penney / Reuters.
37. Fire at the Three Brothers Pizza pizzeria. Andrew Mills / The Star-Ledger.
38. The fighting in Juba, the capital of South Sudan, forced civilians to seek refuge in camps organized by the UN for refugees. The boy asked the photographer to take a picture of him with a fake “precious” stone. AP Photo / Ben Curtis.
39. The national flag of Thailand flies over the fence of the Government House in Bangkok, where mass anti-government demonstrations were held recently. AP Photo / Wason Wanichakorn.
40. August 7, 2013. The consequences of a fire at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Kenya's capital Nairobi. Noor Khamis / Reuters.
41. December 27, 2013. Beirut. A Lebanese policeman helps a wounded 16-year-old girl injured in a car bomb explosion. AP Photo / Uncredited.
42. At any time of the year, the walls of the Peter and Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg attract many lovers of sunbathing. Alexander Demianchuk / Reuters.
43. And even the fly on the forehead of US President Bark Obama, could not distract from his speech in the White House. Larry Downing / Reuters.
44. Russian President Vladimir Putin in the deep-water apparatus C-Explorer 5 after diving to the place of death of the sea frigate “Oleg”. Reuters / Aleksey Nikolskyi / RIA Novosti / Kremlin.
45. The work of rescuers at the site of the collapse of the eight-story complex “Rana Plaza”. Bangladesh.Andrew Biraj / Reuters.
46. Evening prayer in the largest Buddhist temple in Thailand - Wat Phra Dhammakaya. Kerek Wongsa / Reuters.
47. Fighter of the Free Syrian Army in the burnt shop. Hamid Khatib / Reuters.
48. Dawn at the 9/11 memorial. Gary Hershorn / Reuters.
49. Rescued from the wreckage of the eight-story complex “Rana Plaza”. Bangladesh. Stringer / Reuters.
50. Canadian Milen Pakket (Mylene Paquette) was the first North American woman who managed alone and oars to cross the Atlantic Ocean. AP Photo / David Vincent. November 12, 2013.
51. Starry sky on the background of night fires 145 km from Los Angeles. August 2013. David McNew / Reuters
52. US Marine drinks the blood of a cobra during survival classes in the jungle, which took place in the framework of military exercises “Cobra Gold 2013 ″. Military base in Chonburi, Thailand. Damir Sagolj / Reuters.
53. The end of the surfing championship in the American resort town of Huntington was marked by street riots. © Captain Soncho.
54. Kid in the pool. Ruben Sprich / Reuters.
55. Syrian rebels bombard the position of supporters of President Bashar al-Assad with a grenade launcher. Khalil Ashawi / Reuters.
56. Giant inflatable Uncle Sam during the Thanksgiving Day parade. AP Photo / John Minchillo.
57. A mannequin in the costume of the character from the movie “Star Wars” at the house destroyed by a tornado. Rick Wilking / Reuters.
58. A Filipino survivor of typhoon Haiyan carries his belongings. AP Photo / David Guttenfelder.
59.French President Francois Hollande says goodbye to US Vice President Joe Biden after a working lunch and a joint press conference in the Elysee Palace. Philippe Wojazer / Reuters.