50 facts about Muslims
Muslims come from all social groups in society and you will find them all over the world, and perhaps it’s time to understand what they really look like. Here are 50 facts about Muslims who argue that some stereotypes are simply offensive, while others, at best, are simply inaccurate.
1. Worldwide 1.6 billion Muslims. This number is expected to increase by 35% over the next 16 years, reaching 2.2 billion in 2030.
2. Sixty-two percent of Muslims in the world live in the Asia-Pacific region, and only 20% live in the Middle East and North Africa.
3. Even though Indonesia now has the largest Muslim population in the world, Pakistan is expected to surpass this number in the coming years.
4. Most Muslims are not Arabs. In fact, less than 15% of Muslims in the world are Arabs.
5. America ranks 84th in the global ranking of the rights of women elected to public office. It comes after countries with a large number of Muslims, such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iraq, Sudan and Saudi Arabia.
6The Edible Arrangements cafe chain with 74 subsidiaries in the United States was founded by Tariq Farid, an American Muslim.
7. The fastest growing religion in Ireland is Islam.
8. Malaysian pop star Yuna, a Muslim, has gathered around her fans from all over the world, and soon this talented singer is expected to conquer even the United States.
9. Zaytuna College is the first liberal arts college based on Islamic principles and is located in Berkeley, California. Recently, the first graduation of graduates took place.
10. The youngest female president in the world, Atifethe Yahjaga, is the current leader of Kosovo and the first Muslim president of the country of the female.
11. The analogue of the theatrical performance of Miss World, Miss Muslim World, held annually, judges participants from all over the world for piety, intelligence, health, beauty and the ability to be a role model. Last year, the representative of Nigeria won.
12. Many modern surgical instruments have the same design as the Muslim surgeon invented in the 10th century by the name of al-Zahrawi.
13. The first Muslim who reached outer space in 1985 destroyed several stereotypes.He was a Saudi sultan.
14. In 2006, the first Muslim woman reached space, and she was the first Iranian space tourist.
15. Leleh Baktier wanted to eliminate the wrong gender perceptions that appeared in previous Quran translations, so in 2007 she became the first woman to translate the Quran into English.
16. At 20 odd, Iqbal Al Assaed is the youngest doctor. She graduated from high school at 12 years old and she is Muslim.
17. Sears (now Willis) The Chicago Tower was designed by an American Muslim architect.
18. In the UK, Muslims are major charitable donors.
19. In fact, Muslims are the ancestors of most religions of the world.
20. The most famous maestro of Bollywood, A.R. Rahman, converted to Islam in 2006.
21. The founder of microcredit and microfinance, Mohammed Yunus, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize last year. And yes, he professes Islam.
22. Muslims live happily in the UK, Gaza, Istanbul, Lebanon, Egypt and Sudan.
23. The name Mohammed is the most common name in the world.
24. Shirin Ebadi, the first chairman of the Iranian Supreme Court of Women, is the first Muslim woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
25Some researchers claim that Muslims came to America before Christopher Columbus in the 700s.
26. The second largest Muslim congregation in the world is Bishwa Ijtema, which takes place in Bangladesh. The largest is the hajj in saudi arabia.
27. The most popular food chain of America in 2013 with more than 50,000 check-ins is the Muslim Halal Guys in New York.
28. The global Muslim fashion industry is estimated at $ 96 billion.
29. This means an increase in the number of Muslim female designers, and entrepreneurs will ensure that the hijab (Muslim kerchief) flourishes in the fashion market.
30. The Little Mosque show was the first show that showed an inadequate representation of the Muslim community in Canada.
31. The market for organic meat and so-called halal products is constantly increasing.
32. The UMMA clinic, the first founded by Muslim-Americans in the United States, provides health care and treatment to everyone without exception, unlike others.
33. Muslim women from countries such as the United States and Bahrain performed at the Olympics and participated in competitions such as tennis, fencing, taekwondo and archery.
34Dr. Oz not only heals our hearts, but is also a Turkish-American Muslim.
35. Shaquille O'Neill announced that he participated in a Muslim pilgrimage in 2010.
36. And let's not forget Aikon and T-Payne, who come from Muslim families.
37. Coffee is a Muslim invention.
38. The first students of Oxford and Cambridge studied books on mathematics, medicine, chemistry, optics and astronomy, written by Muslims.
39. "Selfie" was also invented by Muslims.
40. Albania is the only European country whose population is more than 90% Muslim.
41. Pakistani youths decided to break the Guinness World Record in 2014, creating the largest human national flag in the world. The official number of participants was 28,597 people.
42. Muslims lived in China for more than 1,400 years. And now they live in every region of the country.
43. Despite distrust of Muslims and Islam, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and George Washington argued that America should be open to Muslim citizens, government officials and even presidents. But some people in the White House forgot this.
44. New Ms. Marvel is a Pakistani-American teenager from New Jersey, and she is not shy about her religion.
45. Hijab is not worn by all Muslim women. Yes, non-Muslims also often wear it.
46.In the beloved "Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen, the word "Bismillah" - "In the name of all holy" is found in Arabic.
47. Ten percent of all American doctors are Muslims. And the hospital is an invention of Egypt, where there have always been many Muslims.
48. Ann Osman is the first Muslim female MMA fighter.
49. In China, the oldest female mosque has existed for over a thousand years, and its leader is also a woman.
50. Now it should be obvious to you that Muslims are not the same.