2018 Dakar Rally: desert race
The race in the desert is an activity for real extremes. Starting January 6 in Lima, the capital of Peru, teams from around the world began their two-week off-road adventure in Argentina, Peru and Bolivia as part of the 2018 annual Dakar Rally.
By the way, the Russian team became the 15-fold winner of the famous rally-raid in the truck standings. Go!
1. The ceremonial start of the 2018 Dakar Rally in Lima, Peru, January 6, 2018. (Photo by Martin Mejia):
2. The Dakar Rally, formerly known as the Paris-Dakar, is an annual race founded by French motorcycle racer Thierry Sabine and has been held since 1978. (Photo by Franck Fife):
3. Both professional athletes and amateurs take part in the rally, and their number usually reaches 80%. (Photo by Franck Fife):
4. The champion of the Dakar Rally 2018 is revealed by the sum of points, and the whole distance is divided into separate sections. The winner is the one who passes the entire route in the shortest time.
In the evening, you can admire the local scenery. (Photo by Franck Fife):
5. Not everything goes according to plan. The incident occurred on January 8 in the desert during a stage between the settlements of Pisco and San Juan de Marcon in Peru.Toyota's SUV running a 44-year-old Reina suddenly caught fire, and as a result, the car was completely destroyed by fire. The Argentine racer and her co-driver Carlos Dante Pelayo managed to leave the car in time and were not injured. (Photo by Franck Fife):
6. (Photo by Franck Fife):
7. A bit of historyDakar Rally.In 1977, the French motorcycle racer Thierry Sabine got lost in the Libyan desert and was found only after 3 days. He miraculously survived thanks to the Tuareg. This incident inspired Thierry to organize a dangerous rally, which was first held in 1978. (Photo by Andres Stapff):
8. endless Peruvian landscapes. (Photo by Franck Fife):
9. Crazy MaxThe car did not stand the test. (Photo by Andres Stapff):
10. Competitions in the Dakar Rally are held in three groups: motorcycles (including ATVs), cars and trucks. Peru, January 10, 2018. (Photo by Ricardo Mazalan):
11. Lost? (Photo by Andres Stapff):
12. The nine-time world champion car in the rally Sebastien Loeb. They had to withdraw from Dakar - 2018 because of the injury of the navigator Daniel Elena in the accident. (Photo by Franck Fife):
13. Dashboard of the Peugeot team car, Bolivia, January 11, 2018. (Photo by Eric Vargiol):
14. The case when the wipers do not help. (Photo by Dan Istitene):
15. Locals - a flock of llamas, Bolivia, January 13, 2018. (Photo by Franck Fife):
16. Fuck it all.Racer Guillaume Martens fell off the bike, dropped out of the race, but was not upset. Bolivia, January 13, 2018. (Photo by Franck Fife):
17. Another fall. Argentinean driver Franco Kaymi did not calculate the route in Bolivia, January 13, 2018. (Photo by Franck Fife):
18. Landscapes 7 stages of the Dakar Rally 2018 from a height, Bolivia, January 13, 2018. (Photo by Franck Fife):
19. This is Argentina. Eleventh stage of the Dakar Rally 2018. (Photo by Franck Fife):
20. Team Toyota at stage 12 of the rally in Argentina. (Photo by Franck Fife):
21. The viewer. (Photo by David Fernandez):
22. (Photo by Franck Fife):
23. (Photo by Franck Fife):
24. (Photo by Dan Istitene):
26. Extreme travel through the dunes. (Photo by Franck Fife):
27. The crew of Eduard Nikolayev from the Russian KAMAZ-Master team defended the title of Dakar rally-raid champion in the truck standings. In the general standings of "Dakar" -2018 Nikolaev took the final first place. And this failure at stage 5 of the rally did not stop. (Photo by Franck Fife):
28. Dakar Rally 2016: desert race.