10 ways to knit a tie
A modern tie appeared in the second half of the 19th century, when the English aristocrats who took part in the races, replaced the wide cravats with more comfortable silk ribbons. At the moment there are 85 ways of tying a tie. We will talk about 10 of them.
Tie knitting: "Small knot"
If you want to tie a tie quickly and easily, choose the “small knot” method. It is used for models of thick silk fabric and is ideal for adjacent collars.
|1. Put on a tie, passing under the collar. Turn the wide end of the back side out. Cross the ends, placing the narrow over the wide.|
|2. Wrap a tie, as shown in the photo.|
|3. Tie a wide section under the knot, passing through the loop formed by the collar and tie.|
|4. Pull this end forward.|
|5. Thread the most part into the knot loop and tighten.|
|6. Align the tie in the center and correct the fold formed under the knot - it should be located in the middle.|
Tie knitting: "Simple knot"
Simple knotAlso referred to as the “Quartet,” it is applicable to ties sewn from heavy fabrics. It is considered universal because it is appropriate both at solemn ceremonies and in everyday life.
|1. Wear a tie so that the difference in length between the ends is 30 cm in favor of the wide one.|
|2. Wrap the big end, passing it under the smaller one.|
|3. Wrap the wide part over the narrow part.|
|4. Thread the large end through the space between the tie and the neck.|
|5. Holding the knot loop with your fingers, stretch the tie through it, pointing downwards.|
|6. Adjust the width of the neck loop and remove excess folds.|
Tie Knitting: Windsor
Knot "Windsor" optimally combined with wide collars. How to tie a tie in this way, you will learn from the video tutorial.
This method of tying a tie should be used when you are going to business meetings and receptions.
|1. Pass the tie under the collar of the shirt and cross the ends, placing wide over the narrow.|
|2. Wrap a large part of the tie around a smaller one.|
|3. Thread the tie in the gap between the neck and the tie ribbon.|
|four.Wrap the large end over the assembly.|
|5. Pass it again through the loop formed by the neck and tie.|
|6. Thread the wide end into the knot, stretching down.|
|7. Holding the narrow part, tighten the knot around the neck.|
Tie crochet: Hannover
The Hannover site is an alternative to Windsor and is suitable for men of average height. How to tie a tie knot "Hannover" shown in the video.
Knitting a tie: "Moskoni"
Received its name by the name of the author of the “Book of Ties” by David Moskoni, who first described this method, this knot is one of the most complex types of tie making.
|1. Cross the ends of the tie, placing wide over a narrow and pointing it to the right.|
|2. The widest part should be skipped under the narrow.|
|3. Wrap the narrow end wide and move to the right.|
|4. Thread the tie into the neck loop, pointing downwards.|
|5. Lead the wide part to the left.|
|6. Thread the end to the knot loop and pull it down.|
Knitting a tie: "Prince Albert"
The Prince Albert knot is used in combination with shirts that have a narrow collar. With the help of the video you will understand how to tie a tie in this way.
Tie knitting: "Cross knot"
Cross knotties are made of soft and elastic fabrics.
|1. Position the tie so that you can take the wide end in your right hand. Cross both sides, setting wide over narrow.|
|2. Get the wide end under the narrow one.|
|3. Bring him forward and pass through the opening between the tie and neck, then pull it out, turning it with a seam outwards.|
|4. Flip the wide section from left to right over the node.|
|5. Get her knot and thread it into the gap formed between the collar and tie.|
|6. Pass the wide section through the knot and pull up with the narrow end.|
Tie knitting: "Kelvin"
Kelvin knot is reminiscent of a “quarter” and fits shirts with a medium, classic and narrow collar. Tie a tie in this way will help you video.
Tie knitting: "Freestyle"
The way of tying a freestyle tie is applied to silk patterns.
|1. Fold the ends of the tie cross to cross, placing a wide top and pointing it to the left.|
|2. Get the wide end behind the narrow end and turn to the right.|
|3. Thread through the top into the neck loop.|
|4. Bring the widest part forward, covering the resulting node with it.|
|5. Thread the end in the hand into the gap between the collar and tie.|
|6Pass through the knot from top to bottom.|
The bow tie
Heading for a tuxedo party, complement it with a bow tie. The video shows how to tie such a neck accessory.
5 rules for choosing a tie
A tie is an indispensable attribute of business style, and secular etiquette makes high demands on its choice.
- The width of the tie should match the width of the jacket's lapels: usually it is 7-9 cm.
- The length is also strictly regulated: knotted, the wide end should cover the belt buckle.
- Selecting a tie for clothes, combine models with a pattern with plain shirts, and wear plain clothes to shirts in a strip or cage.
- Handcrafted ties are considered the highest chic. They can be determined by the number of patches of fabric used for sewing. Having counted three lengths of matter, you should know - before you are not made, with factory sewing costing two flaps.
- Combining the color of a tie and clothes, do not forget:
- wearing a dark suit and shirt, choose a tie a few tones lighter than them;
- In the case of a dark jacket and a light shirt, choose a tie to match your suit. This rule also applies when the costume is made in light colors and the shirt is made in dark colors;
- dilute the classic “black jacket and white shirt” with a tie decorated with a small pattern;
- Light suit and shirt are required to wear a tie that matches the color of the shirt.
Do not forget to choose the right tie clip and other men's accessories, otherwise your attempts to look stylish will fail.
The rules of care for a tie do not differ in complexity.
- After using the tie should be untied. This will prevent wrinkling and deformation of the fabric.
- After removing the tie, do not wear it for 2-3 days. During this time, he smoothed out and will gain the old look. Store ties should be suspended, using a special device or a horizontal bar hanger.
- Ties do not iron, from this product lose shine and color. The resulting folds can be straightened by folding a tie, like a bandage, and left overnight. In 9-10 hours, the irregularities will disperse, and you can again tie a tie, heading to work, an interview or a business meeting.
- Do not trust the removal of dirt from the tie washing machine. Along with stains, the brightness of paints will be lost and the quality of the product will suffer considerably.Use dry cleaning services.
- While driving, do not allow friction of a tie on a seat belt. The latter violates the structure of the fabric, leaving it tight and scuffed.
We hope, now you can beautifully and quickly tie a tie, and you will always look stylish.