10 tips of 40 year old 20 year olds
Reaching forty you start to wonder how many people did not even live to your age. Ilya Ilf died at 39. Pushkin at 37. Yes, many who died.
Having lived to forty you start to wonder whether you have achieved everything you wanted, and whether you managed to do a lot.
You are amazed that Alexander of Macedon did not live to your age, but already managed to conquer half of the world, leaving a thousand-year heritage. Being aware of your achievements, you realize that great people at your age have surpassed you many times. Reading books you begin to catch yourself thinking that the author is obviously younger (and you think, well, what can this jerk teach you?).
Analyzing my experience, I would like to advise something of the current 20-year-old from a height of, so to speak, past years.
1. Stop thumping. Stop smoking. No matter how cool it seems to you right now, to drink and smoke is not ice. Moreover, I will tell you something that may seem commonplace, but to plump and smoke is extremely unhealthy. Yes, now you have iron health and doesn’t bother you at all. But be sure that if you continue to drink / smoke, in 20 years you will understand that you have ruined your health forever.Remember that even beer leads to the production of the female hormone estrogen, which is not typical for you. What are the consequences of this google. Or you can look at most of the current forty years. Do you want to be so - go on.
2. Do sports. but without fanaticism. No one except your pseudo-friends is interested in your bicep volume and how much you press from your chest. Know that the injuries received now will again be felt in 20 years. Know that the torn meniscus will never grow together.
3. About friends. Take for granted that you really have no friends. You have either event or entertainment buddies. Friends is different, and you will understand it in 20 years. To have a true friend is a great achievement.
4. Do not play with death. Bungee jumps, hooks and riding a car at a speed of 250 km / h only amuse your pride and envy of friends. Remember that death statistics is an inexorable thing, and the dead as well as you truly believed that death does not happen to them, but to some other people. If you want adrenaline, you better take it in pills.
5. If you are still reading any type of fantasy blizzard, immediately leave it to do so.In 10 years you will understand that fantasy and other artistic slag (except for the chosen classics) are dummies that burn your time (time, by the way, will accelerate more and more) and bring absolutely nothing to your life. Read memoirs. This is the quintessence of human experience. Read, business books, this is also a useful read. Read, but do not believe blindly written. First, remember the survivor’s mistake and know that any opinion is biased. Secondly, many authors write books, not being experts in the described area. Always discount it. Take information critically.
6. Take an interest in politics. I know that you are now apolitical, and all this is not interesting to you. But as they say, if you are not interested in politics, politics will interest you. Remember how in Status Quo's song? You're in army now there is a phrase. In the same way, you should understand the world political currents in order to understand the distribution of forces and where this world is heading. Look not at words, but at real deeds. Look what team is behind the politician and who these people are. This will help you in the future to separate the flies from cutlets and to distinguish the inflated propagandists from the serious guys.Never consider politicians to be idiots. These are cynical burn-through people, and the idiotic (as you think) decisions that they make always have a clear basis. Usually, if you don’t understand something, it’s about money.
7. Accept for granted that the world is unjust. Take for granted that the starting conditions are different for everyone. Do not envy. If your friends Vasya and Petya ride on a Porsche, don't rush to buy Porsche too (of course, on credit). You just did not take into account. that Vasya Porsche bought his father (although Vasya does not talk about it), and Petya, although he bought Porsche on credit, already inherits two three-room grandmother's apartments in the Central Administrative District.
8. Do not shine private and discrediting information about yourself in social networks. Know that today with your friends you laugh at your drunken photo, and after 20 years, serious uncles, that is why they will make a choice not in your favor. Do not write nonsense on the Internet - as you know, nothing disappears on the Internet.
9. Don't be infantile. No disgusting spectacle than an adult uncle on a scooter. Do not do tattoos - this is for life, and under the changed circumstances will play against you.
10. Grow and save money. Money must make money. Do not leave money just to lie on the account.Invest them. If you are passionate, die your ardor. Never did the excitement succeed.